Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sending happy your way

Hey y'all! Happy Tuesday!

Well, I officially have 3 of my 4 kids in school! And comes Thursday, I'll have all 4 in school! As happy as I am, because you have to realize it's been 9 YEARS since I've been without any kids! At the same time, I'm a little sad...My youngest is longer a baby (though, to be honest, I'll always see him as my baby) and my others are just getting waaay too old, too quick! I'm not sure what I'm gonna do?!...The past couple days have seemed like the hours are just CRAWLING along! And that's with only 3 gone! Have a feeling with 4 gone, I'm gonna be a little lost at first! Though, I think the beach will be calling my name! ;)

Alright. Enough about me and my kids and my time. ;) How about my card for today?!...For my card I saw the current Unity Stamp Co. 'be inspired' challenge. Which I have never played with, until today! I'm really not sure why I never joined in on the fun (because I do have plenty of Unity stamps)...


So, here's my card!


Yep. I chose to work with the sketch. I just really was playing around, not knowing if this card would come together for me or not. And wouldn't you know, it did! And not only that, it was one of those 'late night cards' again! ;) I have all those hours in the day and yet, I can't always come up with something. But then later that night, it comes to me! Tell me I'm not the only one?!...

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!

15 comments:

  1. I can imagine that it would be hard after 9 years..

    this card is gorgeous.. loving all the gold..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. LOVE the gold and the vellum!

    Enjoy and embrace your "me" time! You totally deserve it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely not the only one! Especially if you have kids and you are used to doing mommy things all day long, then the night is your only time for you. It gets to be a habit, but I also think some people are truly night people and some are morning people. Whenever your muse hits, you sure make wonderful cards, Shelly!! This one is SO delightful!! Who wouldn't want to receive "happy" in a card?!!

    And yes, it will be a transition when all the kids are in school. Let yourself just wander for a few days and then you'll snap out of it and fill your days completely!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card!! Love your take on the card, it came out really really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelly. I just had to pop in and say how pretty your card is. Lovely softness to it. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, you are not alone (LOL)! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch! Love the vellum and gold embossing! And yay for all the kids in school!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww mama you will look forward to your babies to come home at the end of the day, filling the time? Will not be a problem, I promise! Beautiful card, love the embossed envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! The gold is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely can't schedule crafting time, it's there or it's not. But yes, most of the time I craft late at night. AND, I'm in the same boat as you ... my youngest is in all day school this year. I'm very sad, but he'll always be my baby too : ) I haven't had time to think about it too much, though, because we just had my son's party at our house yesterday. Next week I'll be hitting the craft room, and working on things that have been neglected for the last ten years!!

    ReplyDelete