Friday, October 4, 2013

Ahoy matey!

Hey y'all!! I AM HERE STILL! lol I know it's been such a long time since I've posted much or played along with any challenges. I'm still trying to fully get my schedule down. I am homeschooling my kids this year, so I'm trying to find a schedule that works best for everyone. :) Then I have had nothing but an broken camera! I was trying to convince myself that it still had some life in it!...I mean it was sooo bad, I had tape holding the battery door, no outside shutter, no zooming (unless I pulled on it myself), no really no photo functions whats so ever!! lol Yeah, it was that bad! Well, needless to say I finally have a new camera and it seems to be working good! :) Yay!

And I actually have a card to share!! :) Now, this card isn't for any challenges nor for a DT project. I made it for my husband's nephews birthday. I almost  wanted to send it in for World Card Making Day, though decided not to. ;)



I really was just playing around with an idea in my head. I cut some strips of paper for my lines and made a stencil out of it. Then used some light blue ink to fill the lines in. And once again, I chose a corner and went with a nice little collage of things. :)

Thank you to all, for stopping by and still following my little blog. :) I'm tellin' ya, I'm determined to keep up on things more and hopefully this is the start of it! ;)

Enjoy your day!


8 comments:

  1. Wow, home-schooling your kids must be a huge commitment of time on your part...but how wonderful! I'm sure you'll all get into a routine soon. I LOVE your card...a true Shelly layout, love that corner effect and all that glorious white space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...sounds like a full plate! Hope you can find some more time to create! Hate to see that talent go to waste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza to the home schooling!

    Your card is wonderful...love that veneer and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I already commented but I wanted to stop by again to say I saw you in the most recent issue of Paper Crafts Magazine...way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A true Shelly lovely. Perfect little corner collage. You looked pretty spunky with your crown in PC (saw it digitally) Miss Royalty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card, Shelly! And congratulations on becoming Stamping Royalty! I hope to try one day. :-) Keep up your good work...with your paper crafting and family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfection! i love the collage of accents and the loopy twine wrapped around the boat. it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete